Tedford Housing’s proposal to build a new facility will be on the agenda for the January 24, 2019 Town Council meeting. The meeting will start at 6:30pm and be held in the council chambers in the town hall located at 85 Union Street in Brunswick. These meetings are open to the public and available for viewing on Brunswick Cable TV3.
Tedford Housing is 8th on the agenda. According to the website, “The Town Council will receive a report with recommendations for shelter definitions and zoning from the Planning Board, and will take any appropriate action. (Town Manager Eldridge)”
The more detailed notes on the agenda include:
“Notes: The Town Council will accept a draft of the proposed zoning amendments pertaining to homeless shelters as recommended by the Planning Board on January 8, 2019, and will consider setting a workshop for January 30, 2019. The amendments were based on the recommendations received from the Shelter Task Force in a memo dated October 1, 2018. A copy of a memo from the Planning Board and the Director of Planning & Development with the proposed amendments, the Shelter Task Force recommendations, the Planning Board Public Hearing memo, the summary of Shelter Task Force Recommendation Process, the Shelter Task Force Responsibilities, the Communities Inside and Outside of Maine Shelter Regulations Summary, and a map of the existing shelter facilities and essential services are included in the packet.
Motion: No suggested motion, but a discussion on possibly setting a date for a workshop.”
FMI, visit the following links:
- Brunswick Town Council meeting agenda for January 24, 2019
- Brunswick Town Council packet for January 24, 2019 meeting
- Packet for January 8, 2019 Planning Board meeting (with Tedford-related materials only)
- Full packet for the January 8, 2019 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from December 11, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from November 27, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from November 13, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- Shelter Task Force website
- Brunswick Town Council members
- Brunswick Planning Board members