First Parish Church, Brunswick will be hosting award-winning author, Kathy Izard on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 7:30pm. Izard will be speaking in the First Parish Church Sanctuary. This event is free and open to the public, with seating available on a first come, first served basis.
According to a recent press release from First Parish Church, “As Brunswick and the surrounding communities continue to engage in conversations about meeting the needs of people experiencing homelessness and the need for affordable housing, Kathy’s talk will provide insights into some of the causes and issues of homelessness, one solution, and call us to listen to our own whisper.”
About Kathy Izard
Kathy Izard is an award-winning author and speaker who helped bring transformation to Charlotte in homelessness, housing and mental health. Her memoir The Hundred Story Home has been featured on NPR as well as the Today Show inspiring people to be changemakers in their communities. In 2019, she released A Good Night for Mr. Coleman, a children’s book written to encourage kids to dream big and Do Good. Kathy is the recipient of a Christopher Award, the Bank of America Neighborhood Hero Award, the NC Housing Volunteer of the Year Award and recognized as a William J. Clinton Distinguished Guest Lecturer. FMI, visit www.kathyizard.com.
Community discussions of The Hundred Story Home will be held:
- Wednesday, September 18th, 4:00-5:30 pm @ Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program – led by Karen Parker and Elise Hocking
- Wednesday, September 25th, 10:00-11:00 am @ First Parish Church Pilgrim House (9 Cleaveland St. Brunswick) – led by The Rev. Mary Baard
- Tuesday, October 8th 2:00 – 3:30 PM, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 27 Pleasant St., Brunswick
- Wednesday, October 9th 6:00 – 7:30 PM, The Unitarian Universalist Church, 1 Middle St., Brunswick
- Tuesday, October 15th 2:00 – 3:30 PM, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 27 Pleasant St., Brunswick
To Access Books
The Hundred Story Home can be checked out from Curtis Memorial Library, 23 Pleasant Street, Brunswick or purchased at Gulf of Maine Books at 134 Maine Street, Brunswick.
For more information about these events, visit www.firstparish.net/izard/.