The Brunswick Town Council has scheduled a public hearing regarding whether or not to extend the moratorium on homeless shelter development for Monday, March 4, 2019 at 6:30pm. The public hearing will be held in the council chambers in the town hall located at 85 Union Street in Brunswick. As usual, these meetings are open to the public and available for viewing on Brunswick Cable TV3.
This public hearing is an opportunity for those with an interest in this development to attend and ensure their voice is heard regarding the possibility of an extended moratorium.
There are no specific agendas or packets posted on the town’s website for the public hearing at this time. See links below for related information.
FMI, visit the following links:
- Times Record article (2/20/2019): Brunswick weighs another homeless shelter rules delay, would push back Tedford project further
- Times Record Opinion article (2/14/2019): Jonathan Crimmons: Brunswick moves at a snail’s pace on homeless shelter
- Times Record article (2/8/19): Brunswick council pushes homeless shelter rules to a third workshop
- Times Record article (1/31/19): Debates over homeless shelter rules grind on to second council workshop, a year after Tedford first pitched expansion
- Times Record article (1/28/19): As town council prepares to tackle shelter expansion controversy, homeless families, individuals in Brunswick seeking to get lives back on track
- Letter to Editor: Clarifying Tedford Housing’s proposed emergency housing program
- Brunswick Town Council meeting agenda for January 24, 2019
- Brunswick Town Council packet for January 24, 2019 meeting
- Packet for January 8, 2019 Planning Board meeting (with Tedford-related materials only)
- Full packet for the January 8, 2019 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from December 11, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from November 27, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- Packet from November 13, 2018 Planning Board meeting
- FAQs on Tedford Housing Resource Center
- Tedford’s current annual report & other stats
- Shelter Task Force website
- Brunswick Town Council members
- Brunswick Planning Board members