Tedford Housing is a HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency and has been awarded a contract with MaineHousing to provide homeless prevention and re-housing services to households in Sagadahoc & Lincoln Counties and the town of Brunswick.
Our standard Homeless Prevention Program consists of:
• Information and Referral
We maintain lists of landlords, property management companies, and other housing resources for those requesting assistance. Our Homeless Prevention Coordinator can help find suitable housing or make referrals to other resources to assist people to remain in their current housing situation.
• Landlord-Tenant Relations
We work one-on-one with area landlords in problem solving and landlord-tenant issues. We provide case management, mediation, and advocacy to assist families in maintaining their housing.
• Life Skills Education
Tedford Housing offers support to individuals and families with an emphasis on: good decision making, employment searches, household budgeting, and housing searches.
Our Diversion Program has more stringent eligibility criteria and participation guidelines:
• Homeless households (HUD definition) and households at imminent risk of becoming homeless
• Households must be at or below 50% of area median income (AMI)
• Income verification required
• Recertification every 3 months
• No appropriate housing options have been identified AND households lack financial resources and support networks to obtain/maintain housing.
• Case management
• Outreach and engagement (publicity/marketing)
• Housing search and placement
• Legal services
• Credit repair
Financial Assistance Available:
• Rental assistance for up to 3 months
• Security deposits
• Utility payments
• Moving costs or 3 mo. storage costs
• Hotel/motel costs up to 30 days
For more information, or to see if you qualify for any of these programs, please contact Beverly McPhail, our Homeless Prevention Coordinator, at (207)729-1161 ext.108, 207-319-0296.